Relocation is a complicated exercise in coordination. We get local home sellers calling us or submitting their house info on this website saying “I’m relocating and need to sell my house in Floresville“. The great thing is that we’re able to help a good many of those sellers sell their house quickly.
There’s an insane amount of details to keep together, plus the stress of whatever is making you move in the first place – often it’s a new job, job relocation or a sick family member, but the true need to move always comes with a dramatic change.
So how do you make the most out of a difficult situation?
Don’t Agonize – Organize.
You don’t want to be in a situation where you end up paying to own and maintain a vacant house for 2 years. That gets expensive and it doesn’t have to be that way.
Although the market is relatively fast moving right now in Floresville, things can change in the blink of an eye. We’ve heard some serious horror stories over the past couple of decades. Unless you have cash to burn, you probably can’t afford to wait it out or pour money into a hole. Those mortgage payments only reduce the amount owed by a small amount each month.
So how do you make the right choices when you’re relocating and need to sell your house fast?
Relocating And Need To Sell My House Fast In Floresville… Your Options And Steps
Find out what your house is worth: To do this you can contact a reputable real estate agent by connecting with us and we can give you a no cost no obligation valuation on your property. Once you know what the house may be able to sell for in the current market… that sets the basis for how long you may or may not be able / willing to sell the house.
- Decide how fast you need to sell your house after you relocate: This is a biggie. I’ve seen professionals who moved out of state for a job who had their house on the market for over a year before selling it for a much much lower price than they hoped. At this time that probably won’t be the case in this area but depending upon the age of your home, the condition, etc we can give you better idea when we have done a walk through. Decide how fast you need to sell your house… and how long you’re willing to keep making 2 mortgage payments, insurance payments, etc. You may not be able to sustain 2 mortgages for a long time.
- Find a solid real estate agent BEFORE you start packing boxes: Get the ball rolling early so you don’t waste any time. Every month that you wait or every month that it takes to sell the house… costs you money. Or if you don’t want to use a real estate agent to sell… we can put you in touch with are a reputable local house buyer who would love to make you a fast-fair all cash offer. Just fill out the form through this link to get started >>
- Calculate the value of selling your house fast vs. “waiting it out” for a dream price: We all want to sell our houses for as much as possible. But one thing many people forget to do is come up with the $ amount of how much it costs you to hold onto this house. The costs involved include the mortgage (which if you’re still within the first 10 years of the mortgage, the majority of your payment interest and not hardly going to principal at all), insurance, taxes, maintenance, etc.Lets say you want to sell your house for $200,000… and your mortgage payment is $1,200/mo, taxes $400/mo, $100/mo for insurance, and $100/mo for maintenance (lawn maintenance, repairs while you’re gone, etc.).Those expenses add up to “non equity building” expenses.If it takes you 7 months to sell that house through a real estate agent for that $200,000… it cost you $12,600 in DIRECT “holding costs” . Totaling $12,600 in LOST money. That doesn’t even account for the value of your time, your stress in thinking about that property sitting on the market, the opportunity cost of what you could have been doing with that extra money during those 7 months, etc. So the real cost to you was likely closer to $15,000. So you want to properly price your home to sell when you place it on market or look at possibly selling to a real estate investor. Selling to an investor is normally a fast close so you can avoid the hassle but if you sold to an investor be aware they offer a discount below the retail price (lets say… $175,000)… but you might be ahead of the game by selling the house NOW vs. 7 months later at full price (and paying holding costs and real estate agent fees). Make sense? It is always good to get an opinion from a professional real estate professional who deals with both retail and wholesale buyers like we do. We understand both sides of the equation.
- Take action!: Whatever you decide… decide and take action. Talk to us for the full benefit of either route. Selling on the wholesale market vs selling on the retail market. We know the days on market and the sales price of houses that compare to yours.
Most properties are pretty average or much like their “competition in the area”, in reality. They tend to be like the other houses around them, in the same way that people who live near each other tend to have a lot in common too. So unless your property is truly exceptional, as in magazine-quality extra-special, you need to price at a good price point to have the most buyers view your home.
You can also win by marketing your property for rent and sale at the same time, if you are open to that idea. If you are in an area where sales are slow, this may be a good strategy. But there are pitfalls so make sure to discuss with your agents and know the pitfalls if you get a renter before an offer.
We love helping people solve complicated problems.
Creative solutions can bridge the gap to get you where you need to be. And an investor may be the help you need. Or not.
Who Is Faye Y Taylor with StepStone Realty And How Can We Help You If You’re Relocating And Need To Sell In Floresville?
We’re Realtors® and associated with investor groups. We support our families and beautify neighborhoods by selling real estate.
- Wants an agent who works for THEM.
- Wants to know they are entering into a transaction with good knowledge of the process.
- Knows that all the options for selling has been discussed with them for an educated decision.
- Has the knowledge to market online in a variety of ways.
- Understands the local market.
We’re passionate people, and we believe in the Floresville community.
We’re honest and straightforward.
If you’re prepared to wait and can hire professionals to help, you can manage the sale of your property from a distance. With a good Realtor® that can pay off.
We’re happy to help you find answers to your toughest questions about your Floresville real estate, so please feel free to call us at (210) 216-7722 and chat with us anytime.