“The 4 steps to get prepared on home loan paperwork”
Want to be prepared for the paperwork that a loan officer will ask for?
…. Below is the 4 steps for the paperwork you need for a home loan.
Loan Application Checklist
- Picture ID with social security number of borrower and co-borrowers.
- Payment to cover the application fee.
- Name and complete address of all landlords for the past two years.
- Employment history for the past two years including names, addresses, phone numbers, and length of time with company.
- Copies of your most recent pay stubs and W-2 forms (past two years).
- Verification of other income (social security, child support, retirement).
- If self-employed, you need copies of the past two years signed tax returns including all schedules, and a signed profit and loss statement of the current year. Retirees need tax returns for the past two years.
- If you have rental property income, bring a copy of all lease agreements.
- Copies of all bank and credit union statements for the past three months.
- Copies of all stock/bond certificates and/or the past three statements from all investment and retirement accounts.
- Prepare a list of household items and their values.
- Copies of title documents for all automobiles, boats, motorcycles, etc.
- Face amount, monthly premiums and cash values of all life insurance policies. (Cash value may be used for closing costs or down payments. You need documentation from the carrier indicating cash value).
- Credit cards (account numbers, current balances, and monthly payments).
- Installment loans (car, student, etc.). Same details as for credit cards.
- Mortgage loans (property address, lender with address, account numbers, monthly payment and balance owed on all properties presently owned or sold within the last two years). Bring proof of sale of properties sold.
- Child care expense/support (name, address, phone number).
- Bankruptcy – bring discharge and schedule of creditors.
- Adverse credit – bring letters of explanation.
- Divorce – bring Divorce Decrees, property settlements, quit claim deeds, modifications, etc. for all divorces by yourself or your spouse.
- VA only – bring Form DD214 and Certificate of Eligibility.
- Retirees – bring retirement and/or Social Security Award Letter.