Eagle Creek Ranch Homes Floresville Tx
Are you interested in homes for sale in Eagle Creek?
Eagle Creek Ranch is a older large subdivision of about 1,000 home sites located about 10 miles north of Floresville, TX
It truly is country living with city convenience.
It is a subdivision with large lots with lots of trees and parks and a riding trail.
Located in South Texas south of San Antonio and north of the town of Floresville in Wilson County
In the late 80s, Eagle Creek Ranch was one of the first subdivisions developed in Wilson County. From the original acreage belonging to the former Governor John Connally it was divided into 2 to 10 acre lots. It quickly became a fast-growing area due to the appeal of having a home on small acreage in the county. That is not to mention the very quick commute to San Antonio. While there is one main street into the subdivision, there are several entrances on Hwy 181 and FM 775. The subdivision sprawls over many acres as the original was over 2600 acres. It is divided into 2 subdivisions: Eagle Creek Ranch and Estates of Eagle Creek. The Estates of Eagle Creek has their own HOA and deed restrictions and all their streets are off FM 775. There are no mobiles allowed in the Estates of Eagle Creek while Eagle Creek Ranch allows mobiles in certain sections.
Can you imagine a commute to the center from San Antonio to your home that takes 20 minutes? Or from Randolph Brooks AFB area in less than 40 minutes? Getting home from Boerne is about a 50-minute drive. You will arrive home to a peaceful home on acreage before your co-workers are even home. This location is full of wildlife. The home sites are covered with a variety of trees from the different types of oaks to hickory and mesquite. Talk about a peaceful setting to sit in the yard with your evening beverage. Or capture those animals on your cameras as they come out at night to roam. Those deer are not afraid of you. You can see turkey, squirrels, birds such as hawks and owls. Then in the spring, the wildflowers are beautiful.
Enjoy your morning coffee as the quiet morning arrives. Because the lots are so large, you can just enjoy the quiet sounds of nature. Then when you have company there is plenty of room for those football games or even riding a 4 wheeler.
Eagle Creek subdivision has recreational areas for the residents to enjoy. Visit the small lakes to relax and enjoy the walking trails or sit as you enjoy the view. Take the children for a picnic or to fish. The Estates of Eagle Creek have a riding trail for the homeowners to ride.
There is basically no traffic in the subdivision. Leaving for work in the morning there are several access points for either Hwy 181 or FM 775 with little traffic to merge into. San Antonio is about a 20-minute drive and Floresville a quick 15 minutes to grocery shop or pick up a quick meal. Wal Mart even faster.
Because Eagle Creek is located in the county and not the city it is a rural subdivision and is subject to the rules that pertain to building in a rural area. There are no deed restrictions from the city or the county other than things like the septic system; any other deed restrictions are determined by the subdivision developers.
There are no city services. The homes are on septics with rural water and rural trash pickup and are not subject to recycling. While the services are rural all homes are serviced by the same water company; trash pickup may be provided by different independent trash companies and septics are serviced by a company of choice. Internet service varies from area to area but is limited to location. Most will have satellite internet such as Hughes Net, La Vernia Wifi, and others; some areas have Frontier DSL and ZipLink DSL and the Estates have some areas with GVEC so if internet service or speed is important to you that is one item you want to verify for any home you are looking at purchasing.
It is located in the highly desirable Floresville ISD.
The Eagle Creek subdivision has a healthy sales activity every year. While it is very popular and sales of pre-owned homes are brisk it does not have the activity that other subdivisions have as a % of the total number of subdivision homes. People buy and stay. The home values have steadily risen since its beginning years. There is a fair amount of vacant lots but it is rare for one to come up for sale so when they do, there is a good possibility it will sell fast.
- Started in the 90s and advertised as being part of Governor John B Connally’s land.
- It is a large subdivision with 733 homesites in different sections. Some sections allow mobiles; some do not.
- Located off Hwy 181 between Loop 1604 and FM 775, it is 10 miles north of Floresville
- 20 minutes south of San Antonio
- While some deed restrictions are the same as the years passed and other sections were opened some deed restrictions were adjusted. So each lot is governed by the deed restrictions for that particular lot in that particular section.
- Deed restrictions can be found on the Eagle Creek Ranch website: https://www.eaglecreekranch.org/ to locate you must have the lot #
- Along with those deed restrictions comes an HOA. This is considered one of the strongest HOAs in the area.
- Acreage is between 2 – 5 acres.
- There are a variety of lots with many having good tree cover.
- Horses, cow, sheep, & goats are allowed — one head per acre. There are special rules for FFA or 4-H projects.
- There are sections with picnic areas and a fishing pond for the use of all homeowners and their guests.
- Depending on size and build type prices range from high 100s and up.
- At Halloween the subdivision has a hayride and the participation is so high that the kids have enough candy to last a year.
- Lots start at about $50,000 and at this time may be as high as the $85,000 range.
- Square footage runs from 1200 to 3500 with prices from $175k to $375k with a few being more expensive. 2 outbuildings are allowed–one no larger than 144 sf; the other over 144 sf.
- All buildings and repair plans are submitted to the Architectural Control Committee.
- Setbacks are 20 ft from front and 15 ft on side and rear.
- The Eagle Creek Volunteer Emergency Services & Fire Department are located at 11382 FM 775.
- Rural subdivision with rural water service, rural trash service, propane if wanted, septics and volunteer emergency services. Well are allowed with permission and required permits
- The Oak Hills Community church was originally the first sales center office
Estates of Eagle Creek
- A smaller section of Eagle Creek Ranch that does not allow mobile homes.
- 270 Homesites of 2-20 acres each
- It has a 3+ mile riding trail for the horse owners. Mountain bikes are allowed on the bridle path.
- Area topography is different from one section to the next.
- Homes started building in the 1990s and some are still being built.
- The subdivision crosses FM 775 and has different deed restrictions than Eagle Creek Ranch.
- HOA dues are annual
- Deed restrictions can be found at https://www.estatesateaglecreek.com/
- All buildings are subject to Architectural Control Committee approval before construction
- Pre-Fabricated or pre-built homes allowed
- Minimum square footage for a home must be 1400 Sf
- For up to 6 months, a camper or RV may be on the property while the home is being built provided it is hooked up to a septic system
- Guesthouse minimum square footage is 500 Sf
- Outbuildings must be approved by Architectural Control Committee before being erected, altered or placed on the property
- Set backs 50 ft from front, 20 Ft in side and rear,
- Horses, cows, goats allowed per tract, maximum 5 number; acreage must be fenced
- Both of these subdivisions are off FM 775 and are served by the Eagle Creek EMS & Volunteer Fire Department located on FM 775.
- 2018-2019 had 35 sales with 2020 having 4 to date. At this time the average price / sf is $134. 2018 sale prices ranged from $227,300 to $375,000. 2019 sales were $257,000 to $535,000.
Eagle Creek is truly country living with city convenience.
IF you are interested in learning more about Eagle Creek, feel free to contact me.
Why work with Faye? Having been raised in Wilson County and graduating from Floresville High School she is very familiar with this area. For more info about her: About me
So let’s work together to either find your dream home or sell that home to a person looking for that perfect home.
Faye Y Taylor with StepStone Realty can help you whether you are looking to buy or sell a home in the Floresville area. What do you have to lose? Contact us now, or give our office a call now to find out how we can help you! (210) 216-7722
Floresville Real Estate Agent – Faye Y Taylor is here for help and to answer any questions you might have
Faye Y Taylor, Floresville TX Realtor®
Serving all of Wilson County and the South Texas area
** The above bullet points are the items listed in the CCRs but are not inclusive. Nor am I an attorney. These are notes not legal facts. The CCR and other subdivision information can be provided upon request.