River Bend – Golf Course Homes Subdivision – Floresville, TX
What is it about River Bend – the Golf Course Community Subdivision in Floresville that makes it so desirable?
Entering River Bend one is captured by the pond with the ducks. There are benches to sit and enjoy the scenery and watch the ducks, golfers and activity taking place. The entrance has an old fashioned gazebo type entry building. To the right is the original homes which were built with a nod to Victorian times. The center roundabout has a large gazebo where there can be different activities. As you traverse the roundabout, it has streets going to the different sections of the subdivision.
The homes are mainly comprised of wood composite, many with the colors of a time when Victorian architecture was prevalent. Many are two storied with front porches with trim. The first homes had a variety of different types of garage entrances based on the home’s location. Many of the homes’ back yards have a view of the golf course.
After expanding the golf club and adding the restaurant, the section to the left close to the club was started. That area has homes that are rock, stone and stucco and most are single stories; some with golf cart garages. They are larger than the other Victorian type homes and some have patio views of the River Bend golf course. All have nice manicured yards and landscaping; most with sprinkler systems.
Now the Links at River Bend has added another 107 home sites behind the newer section. DR Horton is the builder and has very affordable homes being built. Some of those homes are located on the golf course also.
The restaurant Lew’s Patio and Grill is located by the golf club shop. There is a patio with the view of the lake, a party room and a mini golf game for the children. The menu is good and the restaurant was open to serve the residents curbside during COVOID. There is a party room with catering for special events.
- River Bend Golf Course is a well known, championship 18 hole popular course.
- Started building about 2002 although the subdivision and golf course was in process since the late 90s.
- It is located in the city limits so includes city water and sewer.
- It was planned as a Golf Course community and has gone through several transformations.
- There is a golf club house and a popular restaurant with a lake.
- All homes are built on small lots–garden home size lots.
- The original homes were built with a nod to Victorian architecture and some have rear alley entrances but the newer homes built are single story homes.
- The first phase of homes are built in the Victorian fashion; many are 2 story and have the porches popular in that time period.
- The majority of all the homes in the first and second phase are actually on the golf course.
- The design of the subdivision allows for a majority of the homes to have a golf course view and allow the residents to watch the golfers at play.
- The newer second phase section is also on small lots with many having golf cart garages in addition to the 2 car garages with their construction being brick, stone and stucco.
- Builders are still active in both sections of River Bend.
- The subdivision still has room for many homes to be built.
- None of the homes have privacy fences in the rear to allow for an unobstructed views of the championship 18 hole golf course. If a home has a fence it is a short iron fence so one can watch the play. Or a side fence. For the homes that are not on the golf course, privacy fences are allowed.
- The sales prices for the Victorian section is $163k to $282k and the average sf is about 1950 square feet while in the area closer to the Club House for the rock/stone homes is $252k to $380k. These homes average about 2200 sf but can be as large as 2673.
- Deed restricted with a mandatory HOA.